Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 2 of Transformation

Today is day 2 of my transformation.

I did level 1-2 of P90 cardio again today. It was harder today in the sense that not only did I know what was coming, but all my leg, rear and torso muscles hurt from yesterday's workout. I actually gained about 2 lbs from yesterday. Can't figure out why, but I did. So, whatever. I drank tea and water only again.

I still need to finish my OWNit365 reading today - I wrote this at 7am, after my workout and while making breakfast for my wife, who is now working out herself. I have no observations yet today in this reading, except Proverbs 11:1 - A false balance is abomination to the Lord: but a just weight is his delight.

This verse is talking about judgment, fairness. A balance is what was used to determine the value of something sold by weight. Today, we call it a scale. A just weight is something that weighs a pound and SAYS it weighs a pound. A false balance could be used by a merchant looking to cheat the customer by saying there was more there than actually was. Inspirationally, this is us using double standards and judging people by a standard they likely don't even know about - our own. THAT is an abomination. Do you judge fat people? People who are a different color or culture? People who make less money than you? Don't hold the same views on their career or children? Are YOU the standard by which you measure others?


No comments:

Post a Comment