Monday, May 2, 2011

It is a Good Monday

Good morning! I woke up this morning to another Power90 workout, which was rough, but I am finding that although I am not necessarily able to do more of the moves on the dvd yet (the largeness of my, um, belly makes power yoga very difficult), I was able to increase the intensity of some of the moves. That made for a very good workout, much more intense than last week's workouts.

I missed blogging the last few days about this, so I will catch you up with how I am feeling after this first week of my transformation. I have experienced a big change in my flexibility and ability to reach down and pick up things on the floor. If you have ever been old and fat, you can understand the importance of that second one, particularly when you have small children running around. I also have found that the pain and stiffness that result from sitting for long periods of time have almost disappeared.

I have also dropped soda altogether - I have not had a carbonated soda drink for almost three weeks now. I take that back - I had one for a movie night, but could not even finish it. That's a big deal to someone who didn't believe he could live without a soda everyday.

It is no small bit of news that last night, a team of American Commandos, Navy Seals, conducted a raid in Pakistan that resulted in the death of Osama Bin Laden, one of the most hated international terrorists in history. I am not sorry he is dead, but I do pause to think about a soul that went into eternity without having confessed the Lord Jesus nor believing that God raised him up from the dead (Romans 10:9-10). Given his philosophy of life, and knowing what the brand of Islam he subscribed to preaches, as well as the orchestration of the deaths of thousands of Americans and other westerners, it certainly plays into our sense of justice that he should go to hell (where he certainly is at this moment). But a bit of perspective on this - Bin Laden isn't in hell because of the despicable life he led, nor for the thousands and thousands of people he killed on, before and since 9/11. He is in hell because he did not accept the gift of eternal life that God freely offers to all. The bible tells us that we all fall short of the glory of God. There is none that doeth right, no not one. Where do you fall in all of this? Have you received the gift?

Last night we learned of a monster that was slain. Today, are there any monsters being slain in your life? Do you have any strongholds that need to be destroyed? Anything keeping you from receiving that free gift of salvation? Let me know your thoughts...

"When a wicked man dieth, his expectation shall perish: and the hope of unjust men perisheth."

No comments:

Post a Comment