Monday, May 9, 2011

Ups and downs

Well, here I am starting week 3 of the transformation. All in all, I think I feel pretty good, but I would like to say I have had more success fighting those old procrastination strongholds. I have put off several workouts, but I have found a positive out of this thing.

I have been thinking only in terms of a specific workout, like running, weights or power 90. But with spring in full swing, I can say that there are plenty of other projects around the house that require sweat. On Saturday a good friend helped me unload 2 and a half yards of dark brown mulch. That was in the heat and occupied the better part of an hour. Then I played a four hour gig at the Carriage Club. On Mother's day, I bought Missy some nice painted clay planters and several blooming plants. Moved and filled the planters, then planted all the flowers. Then began trimming shrubs and moving the mulch around. That was some good workout action. Woke up this morning a little stiff, but feeling good.

Today, after working until 8, I came home, prayed with the kids and moved mulch again for about 45 minutes.

I have thought of myself as being more confident, particularly in the last 2 years. However, something about making a decision of this magnitude has given me a measure of confidence... Specifically when dealing with people who I would have otherwise been intimidated by. Maybe its just a 40 thing, maybe it is a result of feeling better.

Proverbs 14:26 KJV

In the fear of the Lord is strong confidence: and his children shall have a place of refuge.

This verse came to mind as I thought the confidence I feel. The decision I made was based in transforming myself so my body did what I wanted it to do, not the other way around. That way, I could better "yield my members" in the spirit of the following verse:

Romans 6:13 KJV

Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

This will be an ongoing theme, and it will develop, I am sure. Well, that's it for now. More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment