Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Workout Wednesday

Today started at 5:30 am when I had to go outside and take the trash container to the curb. Drat! I forgot to move our old trash from our old container to the new container. It was heavy, the sun still hadn't come up, and some animal had gotten in there and tore up the bags. That meant I had to physically lift up the old container and "dump" it into the new one. I am no weakling, but that was hard to do 'quietly' and with good aim. Most of my neighbors also were not up, so I wanted the ruckus factor to stay low. While walking by my truck in need of a good cleaning I collected the remains of toy ads that looked like a newspaper insert, a sonic cup, and several candy wrappers from the back seat. Not a huge workout, but with my arm now hurting again from dumping the old trash container (after making some progress on my injured forearms), it required plenty of effort. Now, to wake up my children...yes they were in rate form this morning. All 3 of them decided I was in the mood to be a jungle gym, so I rassled with them for a bit, then jumped in the shower.

I am not really considering that my workout. I plan on doing some of that after work. Might run or get out on my bike. I do know that skipping yesterdays workout definitely had a price. Didn't feel as good yesterday or this morning. At 40, my body adjusts much slower than it used to. More grunts groans creaks and pains.

Proverbs 20:4 KJV

"The sluggard will not plow by reason of the cold; therefore shall he beg in harvest, and have nothing."

Folks, this tells me that there will always be excuses not to workout (plow, or till the land of my body). In other words, if you want something to BE different, you must be willing to DO different. If not, you will be regretting your lack of action later.

No comments:

Post a Comment